Abrasive wheels can be dangerous if they are not used properly.
This course provides an introduction to abrasive wheels and grinding operations, and explores how these operations can be carried out safely.
Personnel involved in work with abrasive wheels and grinding
• Define abrasive wheels
• Explain that the use of abrasive wheels is often regulated and identify an example
• Explain the basic composition of abrasive wheels and identify the key materials used
• Identify different types of abrasive wheels
• Explain the importance of using the correct clamping force during grinding operations
• Describe the procedure for changing cutting or grinding discs for angle grinders
• Identify the key hazards of grinding operations
• Explain the importance of safety during grinding operations and identify the key safety steps
which should be taken
• Explain the safety checklist to be used during grinding operations
• Explain the importance of wearing the correct PPE during grinding operations
• Identify common problems encountered when using abrasive wheels
Upon a successful pass, you will be issued with a Printable Certificate of Competence valid for 1 Year.