Duration: 60 Minutes - £55 per course
The purpose of this course is to teach the major parts of a bucket truck, safety features commonly found on bucket trucks, and some of the pre-use inspections that can be made on a bucket truck. It is assumed that participants has no previous experience in operating bucket trucks. After completing the course, participants should practice operating the controls of a bucket truck under the supervision of experienced personnel. At the conclusion of this course, participants should be familiar with the major parts of bucket trucks. They should also be familiar with the basic types of bucket trucks, the boom controls, some of the common safety features and overrides, and some of the common pre-use inspections that can be performed on a bucket truck.
Define travel height, platform height, horizontal reach, and load limit in relation to a bucket truck.
• Describe general procedures for making a visual inspection of a bucket truck.
• Describe general procedures for making pre-use operational checks on a bucket truck.
• Describe how the boom controls on a typical bucket truck are operated.
• Describe safety features and overrides commonly found on bucket trucks.
• Describe the types of buckets that can be found on bucket trucks.
• Explain how a simple hydraulic system works.
• Explain how bucket truck safety features and overrides generally operate.
• Explain how travel height, platform height, horizontal reach, and load limit affect bucket truck operation.
• Explain the difference between an extensible boom and an articulate boom.
• Identify the basic parts of the lift on a bucket truck.
• Identify the major components of a typical bucket truck hydraulic system.
•Identify the major parts of a bucket truck.
Upon a successful pass, you will be issued with a Printable Certificate of Competence valid for 1 Year.