It is ideal for workers as they go about day-to-day activities such as working at height maintenance, cleaning, access and inspection.
A key element of the system is the Tower Latch unit with its unique Latch ways star wheel component. This provides workers with the security of being constantly attached to the system while also having both hands free to go about their duties. If a worker should fall from the system, the Tower Latch immediately locks onto the system cable and arrests the fall.
With a ManSafe overhead system the Constant Force technology is housed in an in-line energy absorber. In the event of a fall by a worker connected to the system, the Latchways Transfastener instantly locks on the cable to arrest the fall while the Constant Force energy absorber controls the load on the system.
After successful completion of the course, candidates will be knowledgeable in following areas:
- Load is limited to a maximum of 18 kN in the event of a fall.
- The load remains limited to a maximum of 18 kN whether one, two or three workers fall.
- The Constant Force energy absorber will only deploy when a load of 18 kN is experienced.
- The Constant Force energy absorber has a safety factor of 2: working deployment of 18 kN, design deployment of 36 kN.
- ManSafe system cable is manufactured from 1 x 19 stainless steel. It does not stretch and has a breaking strain of over 45 kN.
- The system cable can be tensioned to 5 kN to eliminate sag and any whiplash effect if a worker falls.
- The use of Constant Force technology allows for single spans of up to 60 m. Thereby reducing the number of costly ?T’ bars and anchoring points within the system.
- Constant Force systems are quicker, easier and less costly to install than ?I’ beam systems.
- ManSafe systems can easily accommodate changes of direction.
- System tested to BS EN 795.
- The overhead device has been certified by SATRA and conforms to BS EN 362:1992.
- Only attach to the system by means of a retractable fall arrest lanyard and full body harness conforming to the appropriate safety standards.
- Always check pre-tension before use.
- No more than the maximum number of personnel as defined in the system user instructions should attach to the system.
After successful completion of this course, candidates will be awarded an industry recognised Certificate of Completion.
Candidates will be required to bring suitable PPE and a Harness with them on this course.
Candidates wishing to complete this course, must be qualified in Working at Heights.
Do I need to bring anything with me?
Yes, you need to bring your PPE with you (harness, suitable head & foot protection) for the practical session of the training course.
If I don’t have a safety harness would it be provided?
If you don’t have a harness you can purchase one prior to attending your training. Please contact our team at TrainingPlus.com on 0845 872 3411 for more information.
Is previous experience required to attend this course?
No previous experience is necessary. But it would be envisaged that you will have a good working knowledge of the Work at Height Regulations and Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Can you cater for students with special needs?
Yes, but as with all special requirements that differ from the norm, please make us aware of your requirements and we will do our best to provide the appropriate support.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking spaces available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B & B’s in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school’s areas.
I’m getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.