The control of asbestos regulations 2012 states that ‘Every employer shall ensure that adequate information, instruction and training is given to those of his employees who are or who are liable to be exposed to asbestos, or who supervise such employees’.
The Asbestos Awareness course is designed for those members of the workforce who may disturb Asbestos during their normal working hours.
The Asbestos Awareness course content consists of the following:-
- Introduction to Asbestos – what is it?
- Legal requirements of employers and employees – what does the Law say?
- Hazards – what can it do to me?
- Basic awareness and procedures – what does it look like and what do I do about it?
- Dealing with it – what can I do and not do as a non-specialist contractor?
- PPE requirements and equipment considerations – what kit do I need?
- Summary including basic multiple choice test paper
On successful completion of the Asbesto Awareness course, delegates are required to complete a basic multiple choice test paper and will receive a Training Plus Certificate of Completion.
Theory only, no equipment required.
No formal qualification or experience is necessary to sit the Asbestos Awareness course.
Do I need to pay for my Asbestos Awareness course before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Do I need to renew my certificate?
Yes, refresher training should be given at least every year and should be appropriate to the role undertaken.
Is Asbestos training required by law?
Yes, it is a legal requirement that all who may come across asbestos in their day to day work must have been provided with asbestos awareness training. Appropriate training specific to the tasks you will undertake should be given if you intentionally work on asbestos.