The aim of this course is to prepare candidates who have been selected or require additional training to be able to supervise confined space operations, writing safe systems of work for confined spaces, write and issue permits to work and write rescue plans to enable candidates to be defined as the competent person by their employer and be a Confined Space Manager/Supervisor (Appointed/Authorised Person).
The Confined Space Manager/Supervisor course Learning Outcomes and Competences consists of:
- Understand the legislation applying to Confined Space Work
- Understand Confined Space Classifications
- Apply the Water UK Confined Spaces Policy for Work in Confined Spaces
- Undertake risk assessments for Confined Space Work
- Develop Safe Systems of Work and Safe Methods of Work for Confined Space Operations (including risk assessments, method statements, rescue plans and permits to work)
- Select, install and maintain control measures including hygiene procedures
- Understand the mechanism of atmosphere testing and monitoring
- Develop, install and maintain emergency plans and procedures
- Maintain records and documents for Confined Space work
- Understand and apply the requirements for the selection and training of personnel required to enter and work in confined spaces and be part of a rescue team
- Confined Space Entry (Low and Medium Risk)
This course is suitable for all personnel who are required to manage, plan and supervise confined space operations, including those personnel required to write a confined space Safe System of Work (Risk Assessment, Method of Works, Rescue Plan) and prepare and issue Permits to Work for confined space entry.
Candidates are required to bring suitable PPE equipment to this course.
Knowledge of confined space is required.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Can you cater for students with special needs?
Yes, but as with all special requirements that differ from the norm, please make us aware of your requirements and we will do our best to provide the appropriate support.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking space available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B&B's in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school's areas.
I'm getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.
Do I need to be clean shaven for a Breathing Apparatus exercise?
To get a good seal around the face it is recommended that delegates who use full working on set breathing apparatus or similar masks are clean shaven. We do not insist on being clean shaven as you will be training with no real risk, however, your employer or supervisor may insist on you being clean shaven.
All candidates who successfully complete the course will receive an industry recognised certificate and a photo site card, valid for three years.