This course is aimed at candidates who wish to increase their skills on crane operation.
All crane operator training is carried out in small groups so that you receive plenty of individual attention, supplemented by course materials. We work closely with the Health and Safety Executive to endure that our materials reflect current safe working practices.
Course content is detailed below:
- Counterbalance – Understanding the requirements for the counterbalance and taking the necessary action to meet these requirements
- The meaning of safe working loads
- Detracting the crane using load handling attachments
- Slinging and attaching loads to the crane correctly
- Using the correct lifting gear
- The risks involved in handling loads
- Stability – Understanding the factors which lead to instability and taking the necessary action to ensure the crane is used in as stable a working position as possible
- Maintaining the crane to the manufacturer’s recommended standards
- Use of controls
- Stowing Procedures
- Pre-operational checks
Successful candidate will be awarded a Red CPCS Trained Operator Card, which is valid for 2 years.
Candidates wishing to attend this course MUST have their own machine or have access to hire to carry out this training.
Suitable PPE is also required for this course.
Anyone wishing to complete this course MUST have the use of and experience of using a crane.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Can you cater for students with special needs?
Yes, but as with all special requirements that differ from the norm, please make us aware of your requirements and we will do our best to provide the appropriate support.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking spaces available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B & B’s in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school’s areas.
I’m getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.