This course is suitable for anyone who may need to use evacuation chairs.
The Evacuation Chair course is designed to equip delegates with the ability to safely use evacuation chairs. It covers the deployment and handling of an Evacuation Chair and passenger. Furthermore, it will cover advice on the sitting and distribution of chairs as well as improving awareness of their multiple uses.
The Evacuation Chair course consists of both theory and practical assessment as detailed below:-
- A safety check of the Evacuation Chair
- A brief history on the Evacuation Chair
- All related health and safety information
- A theory session on general usage
- A practical demonstration of set up and usage in a classroom and on the stairs involving all trainees under the watchful eye of the trainer
- A brief explanation of maintenance and service requirements for the chair
Each delegate will receive a certificate after successfully completing the course.
No equipment is required for this course.
No previous experience or qualifications are required to attend this course.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Can you cater for students with special needs?
Yes, but as with all special requirements that differ from the norm, please make us aware of your requirements and we will do our best to provide the appropriate support.
I’m getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.