The fire warden and extinguisher training course is designed to provide all personnel with an understanding of the safe use of portable fire fighting equipment, the maintenance of evacutation methods, escape routes and the role of fire marshal during an emergency.
The fire warden and extinguisher training course consists of both theory and practical sessions which include:
- Learning the role of a fire marshal
- Understanding the importance of fire doors
- Recognising the common causes of fire
- Understanding the triangle of fire
- Understanding how to operate an audit check process on fire fighting equipment
- Gain an understanding of how to implement evacuation procedures and recognise human behaviour
- Stating the purpose of fire safety drills
- Identifying the different classes of fire and the types of extinguishing using video aids
- Understanding the maintenance requirements for fire extinguishers
- Safely operating different types of portable fire fighting equipment effectively
- The practical objectives of the fire warden and extinguisher course are:
- Demonstrating the safe use of a foam extinguisher and nominate four students to apply knowledge
- Demonstrating the safe use of a fire blanket and nominating four students to apply knowledge
- Demonstrating the safe use of a water fire extinguisher and nominating four students to apply knowledge
- Demonstrating the safe use of a dry powder extinguisher and nominating four students to apply knowledge
All employees, managers and especially new members of staff will benefit from fire warden and extinguisher training. It is also recommended for those who are responsible for implementing the fire evacuation procedures, persons who have been appointed as fire wardens or have responsibility for improving fire procedures.
You are not required to take any equipment on this fire warden training course.
No previous experience or qualifications are needed in order to take the fire warden and extinguisher course.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Can you cater for students with special needs?
Yes, but as with all special requirements that differ from the norm, please make us aware of your requirements and we will do our best to provide the appropriate support.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking spaces available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B & B’s in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school’s areas.
I’m getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.
At the end of the fire warden safety training course, you will take a short theory test which consists of multiple choice questions. Upon successful completion you will be entitled to Certificate of Completion.