All personnel required to operate a Telehandler Forklift Truck.
The aim of the course is to provide candidates with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a Telehandler Forklift to the CPCS (Construction Plant Competence Scheme) standard.
The Telehandler Forklift course consists of:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure and ready for travel (site and highway).
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces ? loaded and unloaded.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces (with and without loads).
- Configure and set for lifting and transferring duties.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Lift and remove various loads up to full extension and working height of the telescopic handler.
- Transfer and place loads accurately at given locations.
- Place and remove loads from a vehicle.
- Maintain safe working situations.
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
On successful completion of both the Theory & Practical Elements of the Technical Test, which must be undertaken at our registered test centre, candidates will be issued with a CPCS Red Trained Operators Card, before these can take place candidates must have passed the CSCS Operatives Health & Safety Test within the 2 year period before the CPCS Test.
Candidates must hold a valid CSCS Health & Safety Test before these CPCS Tests can be taken.
No previous experience is required.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Can you cater for students with special needs?
Yes, but as with all special requirements that differ from the norm, please make us aware of your requirements and we will do our best to provide the appropriate support.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking space available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B&B’s in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school’s areas.
I’m getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.
Will I get a working at height certificate?
Yes, an approved supplier certificate will be issued on completion of this course.
Who is this working at height course suitable for?
If your job requires you to work at height, and involves you using the necessary height safety equipment to do this work safely, then this is the course for you.