Personnel who will be responsible for the safe use of Forklift Trucks.
The Pivot Steer truck is also referred to as Bendi, Flexi, Swing Mast and Turret truck. These trucks are designed to work in very narrow aisles less than 6'. The Pivot Steer truck resembles a standard forklift with the exception that there is an additional function to swing the mast to a 90 degree angle to either side by way of the truck being articulated.
The Pivot Steer much like the Reach truck are most commonly used within warehouses with very narrow aisles and high racking systems.
All courses consist of safety films to demonstrate not only the safe operating practice, but also the consequences of ignoring these.
- Operator Safety Code, all aspects of operator safety.
- Truck knowledge, how it works.
- Pre-use Inspection Check. Ensuring that your truck is in good working order before starting a work shift.
- Basic Operating Skills. Getting to know your truck and its capabilities. Hydraulic controls, steering, lifting capacities and safe operating.
- Lifting & Stacking. Understanding different loads, palletised, corner post pallets, heavy loads and unusually shaped loads. Stacking in racking and vehicle loading and unloading.
- Refuelling. Battery charging and maintenance, LPG and diesel safety.
- Theory Tests. After training, each candidate will sit a theory test to show an understanding of the truck they will operate.
- Practical Test. Each candidate will be expected to safely and efficiently operate their truck in confined areas whilst stacking and de-stacking palletised loads within a warehouse environment.
Multiple Choice and Written Paper, then a Practical Assessment.
Each successful delegate will receive an RTITB Certificate of Competence and Photo ID Card which will be valid for 3 years.
- Hard hat
- Steel toe-boots
- Protective glasses
- High-vis vest
Candidates do not require to have any previous experience in operating forklift trucks.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Can you cater for students with special needs?
Yes, but as with all special requirements that differ from the norm, please make us aware of your requirements and we will do our best to provide the appropriate support.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking space available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B&B’s in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school’s areas.
I’m getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.
Who is the Accrediting Body?
The Forklift course is accredited by the RTITB.