The course is intended for new entrants to the offshore oil and gas industry.
The OPITO MIST course is designed to introduce the fundamental safety elements of the offshore industry. A mixture of lectures, discussions, practical exercises and written assessments supports the dellivery of the nine-module course.
The course consists of lecture and discussion and includes case studies and some practical exercises. Each module also includes a written assessment.
- Module 1 – Introduction to the Hazardous Offshire Environment
- Module 2 – Working Safely including Safety Observation Systems
- Module 3 – Understanding the Risk Assessment Process
- Module 4 – Tasks that require a permit to work
- Module 5 – Personal Responsibillity in Maintaining Asset Integrity
- Module 6 – Using Manual Handling Techniques Every Day
- Module 7 – Controlling the Use of Hazardous Substances Offshore
- Module 8 – Knowledge and Practices of Working at Height
- Module 9 – Being Aware of Mechanical Lifting Activities
An OPITO approved certificate will be issued on successful completion of the course.
Delegates are not required to bring any equipment on this course.
It is expected that delegates will have previously attended the BOSIET course, as this course is designed to build on the safety-related topics included within BOSIET.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Can you cater for students with special needs?
Yes, but as with all special requirements that differ from the norm, please make us aware of your requirements and we will do our best to provide the appropriate support.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking spaces available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B & B’s in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school’s areas.
I’m getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.