All personnel who are responsible for the safe systems of work when using lifting equipment would benefit from this crane training course.
The Overhead Gantry Crane is designed for delegates wishing to achieve a nationally recognised operator quallification. Enabling them to operate within the workplace an overhead gantry crane.
The Overhead Gantry Crane course content is as follows:-
- Operating the crane safely in accordance with the manufacturers handbook and demonstrate knowledge of the concepts set out in the Approved Codes of Practice
- Demonstrate a competent understanding of the cranes controls and proper use of the lifting tackle
- Estimate/determine the weight of loads/centre of gravity
- Use appropriate crane signals and communications
- Types of lifting tackle and their applications
- Methods of slinging and lifting as well as an appreciation for the angles of a lift
- Isolating faulty equipment/procedures for fault reporting
- Methods to protect loads from damage
- Attaching lifting equipment to slings/carrying out a test lift/how to plan a lift
Upon successful completion of the Overhead Gantry Crane course, you will receive an ITSSAR operators certificate.
- Hard hat
- Steel toe capped boots
- Safety gloves
- High-vis jacket/vest
- Safety glasses
Delegates should have some experience in using lifting equipment before attending this crane training course.
Delegates must have passed the CSCS Health an Safety training course and provide certificate of completion.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking spaces available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B & B’s in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school’s areas.
I’m getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.