Personnel who may be required to use a Paslode Nail Gun safely in the workplace would benefit from this course.
The Paslode Nail Guns course is to provide personnel who use Paslode Nail Guns and Staple Guns in the workplace with the safe operating skills and knowledge. It will also allow operators to safely inspect, clean and demonstrate the safe use of nail guns.
The Paslode Nail Gun course consists of both theory and practical sessions which include:
- Course introduction (previous nail gun use, experience, and knowledge)
- PUWER (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations)
- MHSWR (Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations – 5 steps to a risk assessment)
- Collective and individual safety controls to be followed in the workplace
- Nail gun manufacture types (Paslode, Spat, Dewalt, and other leading manufacturers of nail guns)
- Inspection of your nail gun before use
- Maintenance service records
- Identification of the component parts of a nail gun
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment regulations)
- General use and the safety precautions that must be followed
- Procedures of cleaning your nail gun
- Choosing the correct pins dependent on material type (timber, masonry, or steel)
- Practical participation of nail gun type by all course candidates
- Isolating your nail gun after use
- Importance of correct storage of your nail gun when not in use
- Trainer audit by the user of the nail gun before and after use
- Trainer assessment
Assessment in the safe use of Paslode Nail Guns will be theory and practical. After successful completion, you are entitled to a Paslode Nail Gun training certificate, valid for three years.
- Hard hat
- Steel capped boots
- High visibility vest
- High impact eye protection (safety glasses or goggles marked ANSI)
- Ear protection (ear plugs or muffs)
- Safety gloves
No previous experience is required to go on the Paslode Nail Gun course.
Do I pay for my training in advance?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Is there a follow up course?
Yes, a power tool safety training course is available.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking spaces available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B & B’s in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school’s areas.
I’m getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.