Project managers, team leaders and supervisors will benefit from the SSSTS Refresher course.
The SSSTS refresher course is intended for those who have a current SSSTS certificate. It provides supervisors with an update of health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation, as well as their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will highlight the requirement to promote health and safety and to supervise effectively.
The SSSTS Refresher training course consists of:
- Updated legislation
- Why they are carrying out their identified duties
- What is expected of them
- To ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace
- To ensure that at the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the problems of the industry
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured and how it appllies to supervisors
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling site safety
- Carry our risk assessments and understand the need for method statement briefings
- Be able to monitor site activities effectively
- Understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified
At the end of the SSSTS Refresher training course, you will take a short theory test which consists of multiple choice questions. Upon successful completion of the SSSTS Refresher course, you will receive an industry recognised CITB certificate which is valid for five years. Established in 1974, the Construction Industry Training Board is the Training Board for the construction trade in the UK.
No PPE is required for the SSSTS Refresher training course.
Delegates must already hold an SSSTS Certificate to attend the Refresher course.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Who is the SSSTS training course for?
This course is designed for managers and supervisors or any personnel progressing to a line manager or supervisor in the near future.
Will I gain a recognised certificate?
Yes, you will receive an industry recognised CITB certificate.
Why should I send staff on SSSTS training?
This course allows staff to hold a recognised qualification in health and safety. Supervisors will contribute substantially to the health and safety on site.
Is there a course I can progress to after completing the SSSTS?
Yes, the SMSTS training course is available which is designed for site supervisors progressing to site managers.