For people who have to act as temporary works supervisors, as described within BS5975:2008.
This course is intended for people who have to act as temporary works supervisors, as described within BS5975:2008. The course does not train delegates in the technical aspects of temporary works supervision, but provides competence in the management arrangements for temporary works and recognition of the associated health and safety legislation.
The aim of the course is to provide information on effective temporary works management, from concept to striking/dismantling.
Session 1 Introduction and Setting Course Objectives
Session 2 Accidents in Temporary Works Case Studies
- Case Studies to review typical accident arising out of temporary works
Session 3 Temporary Works Management
- The requirements of BS5975:2008 for inclusion in an organisation’s Health and Safety policy and procedures for Temporary Works management. Roles and responsibilities. Appointments required and organisational interfaces
Session 4 Legal Liabilities
- Implications of the General Duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, The Management of Health and Safety at Work 1999, the Work at Height Regulations 2005 and the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007
Session 5 Responsibilities of the Temporary Works Supervisor
- Discussion on the Temporary Works Supervisor responsibilities and the interfaces with Temporary Works Designers, Temporary Works Co-ordinators, other contractors and their supervisors, CDM co-ordinators and the client.
Session 6 Provision of Information
- Information to be supplied for planning temporary works
Session 7 Safety Method Statements
- Requirements temporary works erection, use and dismantling risk assessments and method statements. Information to be supplied for temporary works that are not dismantled.
Session 8 BS5975:2008 Compliance
- A group exercise to develop a compliance flowchart.
Session 9 Examination
- Multi choice closed book examination
Session 10 Course Review and Conclusion
Upon completion of the course, delegates should:
- understand the personnel involved in a temporary works procedure and their functions;
- appreciate the legal liabilities of persons involved in temporary works and the peripheral safety and health issues applicable to temporary works;
- be capable of performing the role of temporary works supervisor
On successful completion of the course, candidates will receive an industry recognised certificate.
Candidates are required to bring suitable PPE equipment to this course.
Candidates must have experience in being responsible for managing all forms of temporary works and a good working understanding of written and spoken English.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Can you cater for students with special needs?
Yes, but as with all special requirements that differ from the norm, please make us aware of your requirements and we will do our best to provide the appropriate support.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking space available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B&B’s in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school’s areas.
I’m getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.