This course is highly recommended for Supervisors and Managers.
This Working at Height Training course is designed to give delegates an understanding and appreciation of the Work at Height Regulations 2005, and what these mean for the employee and their employer. This theory based course shows delegates how to plan any work at height, including equipment selection and how to put measures into place to prevent falls.
This Training Course Covers:
- An overview of all relevant Health & Safety Laws and Regulations
- Responsibilities of employees and their employers
- Conducting a Risk Assessment
- The importance of keeping your equipment in good order with regular maintenance
- Keeping yourself properly protected – the correct personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Theory test paper, questions and review
On successful completion of this course, candidates will be awarded with a Certificate of Completion.
Experience of Working at Height and/or Work at Height certificate.
Candidates must have some knowledge on Working at Height and be in a supervisory or managerial position.
What is Work at Height?
Work at height means work in any place where, if precautions were not taken, a person could fall a distance liable to cause personal injury. You are working at height if you:
* work above ground/floor level
* could fall from an edge, through an opening or fragile surface or
* could fall from ground level into an opening in a floor or a hole in the ground
Work at height does not include a slip or a trip on the level, as a fall from height has to involve a fall from one level to a lower level, nor does it include walking up and down a permanent staircase in a building.
What do I need to do to comply with the Work at Height Regulations 2005?
The Regulations apply to all work at height, where there is risk of a fall liable to cause personal injury. They place duties on employers, and those who control any work at height activity (such as facilities managers or building owners who may contract others to work at height).
As part of the Regulations, you must ensure:
* all work at height is properly planned and organised
* those involved in work at height are competent
* the risks from work at height are assessed, and appropriate work equipment is selected and used
* the risks of working on or near fragile surfaces are properly managed
* the equipment used for work at height is properly inspected and maintained
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking spaces available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B & B’s in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school’s areas.
I’m getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.