Our nearest Training Centre is:
Training Plus, Block 5, Cowlairs Industrial Estate, Finlas Pl, Glasgow, G22 5DT
Call us today on 0845 872 3411
Ways to Book
- Call 0845 872 3411
- Book online
- Enquire via the form and we’ll call you back
Manual Handling Awareness Courses in Glasgow only £85pp
Manual Handling Awareness Training at Our Glasgow, Springburn Facility
The team at Training Plus deliver Manual Handling Training Courses regularly in and around Glasgow.
Delegates will gain an understanding of manual handling regulations as well as a practical knowledge of lifting and moving. They will be able to identify potential hazards and risks and determine the safest method of manual handling without injury.
The manual handling awareness course in Glasgow is half a day in duration and costs £85 per person.
Book your place on one of the courses below. If you don’t see your preferred date, contact us today and we can schedule another one in to suit you.
Manual Handling Awareness FAQ’s
Manual Handling is a legal requirement in any situation where you or your staff are required to do any pulling, pushing, lowering or lifting that carries any level of risk.
Is Manual Handling Training Mandatory?
Manual Handling is only mandatory where there is a risk of injury. Work disability can be caused by manual handling activities and accounts for a third of all workplace injuries; If in doubt, give our team in Glasgow a call on 0845 872 3411 and they can advise whether this training course is right for you.
How long does Manual Handling training take?
Our manual handling course in Glasgow is half a day in duration and you will leave here with an approved supplier certificate.
What’s included in the Manual Handling course?
The Manual Handling Awareness training course has both theory and practical instruction, both carried out at our Glasgow depot including:
- Health and Safety at work act 1974
- Manual handling regulations
- Management of Health and Safety at work regulations
- Manual handling accident statistics
- Manual handling risk assessments and how risk assessments apply to you
- Introduction to manual handling lifting and carrying safely
- The functions of the spine and muscular system
- Typical injuries caused and how to recognise and avoid potential problems
- Hazard identification and assessment of:
- The task
- The load
- The working environment
- Individual capabilities
- Correct handling techniques
- Practical exercises and tuition in how to avoid injury and strain
Is there an online training course I could take if I can’t fit in with the Glasgow course dates?
We regularly run training courses in Glasgow and often have last-minute places available. However, yes we do also have an online manual handling course that takes 75 minutes to complete and costs £35 per course.
If you have any questions about either course please don’t hesitate to get in touch.