Personnel involved in supervising, planning or execution of work resulting in entry to confined spaces are recommended to take this course.
The City and Guilds Confined Space 2 day course (medium risk) is to provide personnel who work in confined spaces with the awareness of a safe working environment. Delegates are required to do a refresher course every three years.
Delivered in accordance with the Confined Space Regulation (1997), successful completion of the course leads to an understanding of:-
- Identifying a Confined Space and its hazards
- The legal requirements
- Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work
- Equipment required to enter a Confined Space, including Gas Monitoring equipment, Tripods and Winches and ancillary safety equipment such as harnesses, ropes and lifelines
- The use of open circuit (CABA) Escape Breathing Apparatus
- Personal Protective Equipment and Hygiene
- Examination, testing and maintenance of equipment
- Ventilation and the avoidance of unsafe atmospheres
- Communication and entry procedures
- Training and personnel requirements
- Practical training and exercises
All theoretical training is re-enforced by demonstrations and practical exercises, after successful completion delegates will be entitled to a City and Guilds Certificate of Competence which is vaild for 3 years.
- Hard hat
- High visibility vest
- Steel capped boots
- Safety gloves
Delegates should have some confined space appreciation or awareness (perhaps attended a confined space planning meeting or been involved in some surface operation) – no previous qualification is required.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking spaces available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B & B’s in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school’s areas.
I’m getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.