Any personnel who are required to operate and use a Dumper Truck.
The CPCS Dumper Truck course provides candidates with the basic knowledge and practical skills required to safely operate a Dumper Truck.
The CPCS Dumper Truck course consist of both theory and practical instruction including:
- An introduction to the Construction Industry
- Current relevant regulations
- Introduction to the machines
- Pre-shift inspections of the machines
- Controls and instruments
- Coolant, Fuel and lubrication systems
- Trenching, back-filling, levelling and marking out
- CPCS Technical Test Theory Element
- How to drive site dumpers of various capacities and types
- How to drive safely and efficiently under differing site conditions including gradients
- How to tow and reverse small trailers
- Positioning the dumper correctly for discharging into and loading from excavations
- Vaious maintenence and checks required before starting work
- Safe and correct methods of starting and stopping engines
- Safety precautions which must be carried out
- Limitations and capacities
- Legal requirements
Upon successful completion of the CPCS Dumper Truck Course delegates will receive a CPCS Red Trained Operators Card.
- Hard Hat
- Steel Toe Capped Boots
- Safety Gloves
- Hi-Vis Vest
Delegates do not require any previous experience, however, they must have passed the CSCS Operatives Health and Safety Test within the 2 year period before the CPCS Test.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking spaces available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B & B’s in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school’s areas.
I’m getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.