This course is ideal for new operators in the principle of use of loading equipment and health and safety regulations.
The RTITB Forklift Sideloader course is designed to teach the basic skill requirements and associated job safety knowledge to operators of side loader forklift trucks to delegates with less than 6 months or no previous operating experience on rider type lift trucks.
The RTITB Forklift Sideloader Course agenda will include:-
- Introduction to the lift truck to be used
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- PUWER 98 Legislation refresher
- LOLER 98 (Lifting Operations-Lifting Equipment Regulations)
- Safety codes for using Sideloader trucks
- Key principles of sideloading and lifting
- Pre-use inspection and take over maintenance
- Controls and instruments
- Weight assessment
- Operators Code
- Starting, moving and stopping of the forklift truck
- Handling laden and unladen pallets
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Stacking/de-stacking – free standing and in racking
- Safety code testing
- Practical test of basic operating skills
- Written test of operating knowledge
- Steering operations (forward and reverse) and (confined areas)
Multiple Choice and Written Paper, then a Practical Assessment.
Each successful delegate will receive an RTITB Certificate of Competence and Photo ID Card which will be valid for 3 years.
- Hard hat
- Steel toe-boots
- Protective glasses
- High-vis vest
No previous experience is necessary to attend this course.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Who is the Accrediting Body?
The Forklift Course is accredited by the RTITB.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking spaces available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B & B’s in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school’s areas.
I’m getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.