The HiAB Crane Training course is designed for drivers of vehicles fitted with truck mounted cranes with hook grab or clamb shell buckets.
The HiAB Crane Training course will enable delegates with no crane experience to progress through the course and on successfully passing the tests qualify them as a lorry mounted crane operator. The course includes both practical and theory training. Delegates will received training on the safe working practices applicable to crane operations and sufficient practical training to ensure the operator is conversant and comfortable with the operating of the machines in a work environment.
The HiAB Crane Training course content is as follows:-
- HiAB training DVD
- BITA operators safety code pocket book (candidates will receive their own copy)
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- PULWER 98 (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 98)
- LOLER 98 (Lifting OPerations and Lift Equipment Regulations 98)
- Positioning the Lorry Loader
- Lifting Principals
- Stability factors of the HiAB Lorry Loader
- Principals of the HiAB Lorry Loader
- Introduction to the Controls
- Lifting and Transporting a load nearby
- Lifting and Transporting a load at a distance
- Basic Hand Signals
- Basic Slinging (for HiAB with hook attachment)
- Stacking and de-stacking loads (for HiAB with brick grab attachment)
- Vehicle loading and un-loading procedures
- Daily maintenance checks
- Satisfactory completion of Practical and Theory based assessment
Upon successful completion of the practical and theory tests delegates will be issued with an RTITB Certificate of Training and an Operators Card.
- Hard hat
- High-vis jacket
- Steel toe capped boots
- Safety gloves
Delegates should have some experience in using lifting equipment before attending this crane training course.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking spaces available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B & B’s in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school’s areas.
I’m getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.