Managers who are responsible for the overseeing and planning the use of powered access MEWPS in any industry including tree surgery, facilities management, construction and many other sectors.
The IPAF MEWPS for Managers training course is for site managers, senior project managers and supervisors who prepare for and safely co-ordinate various types of powered access MEWPS (mobile elevated work platforms: cherry pickers, lorry mounted booms and scissors, scissor lifts, trailer mounted booms and PAV's) within their control. IPAF (The International Powered Access Federation) is the industry recognised body and authority for Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWPS) and powered access equipment. This includes cherry pickers, scissor lifts, push around verticals (PAVs) and or access platforms.
The IPAF MEWPS for Managers training course consists of 100% theory instruction including:
- Machine classification
- Types of powered access equipment and how to select the correct one for the job
- Planning and supervising the use of MEWPS
- How to implement effective control strategies and accident prevention
- Learn what factors to consider before entering a hire contract
- Recognise how inspection, pre-use and the daily maintenance of machines is vital to protect your organisation
- Use of powered access machines
- Health and safety at work act 1974
- Provision and use of work equipment regulations 1998
- Lifting operations and lifting equipment regulations 1998
- Management of health and safety at work regulations (MHSWR) 1999
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) at work regulations 1992
- Work at height regulations 2004
- Additional regulations
- (CDM) Construction design and management
- (RIDDOR) the reporting of injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences regulations 1995
- The control of substance hazardous to health regulations to 1988 mobile elevating work platforms – operator (driver) training BSISO 18878:2004
- BS 8460:2005 safe use of MEWPS – code of practice
- Delegate assessment of understanding
At the end of the IPAF MEWPS for managers training course there is a short theory test and after successful completion you will receive an IPAF certificate and PAL (Powered Access Licence) card, proof that you have been trained to manage the use of MEWPs on site, valid for five years.
There is no equipment required for this course.
It would be envisaged that you have completed at least categories 3a and 3b and that you have a good working knowledge of the Work at Height Regulations and Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 before completing this course.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Who is the Accrediting Body?
IPAF – International Powered Access Federation.
IPAF (International Powered Access Federation) is a non profit organisation dedicated to promoting the safe and effective use of powered access worldwide.
What is a PAL card?
IPAF’s PAL Card (Powered Access License) is the proof provided to all persons who successfully complete training and testing on an IPAF machine-based course.
How do I a category to my IPAF Card?
If operators want to add a category to their PAL Card, they need to successfully complete the IPAF approved Theory Test Paper. In addition to this, they must achieve the required standard when operating each of the machine categories that they wish to add on to their PAL Card.
If demonstrators want to add a category to their PAL Card, they must do the operator theory test and practical test on that category, then do the demonstrator course
Can IPAF training be done on site?
Yes, provided that there are suitable facilities and equipment. Please discuss with the TrainingPlus team if this is required – 0845 8723411 or email@example.com
Who keeps the card + certificate?
IPAF suggests that the operator should have the issued card on his/her person at all times when working with MEWPs and the employer should keep the certificate.
Can candidates who have never used a MEWP participate in the operator course?
Yes, however, this may affect the length of the course and/or the candidates’ likelihood of passing.
Do Trainees need a safety awareness course before going on an IPAF MEWPs for Managers course?
Yes – you need to have completed an IPAF 3a & 3b course.