The Loading, Slinger and Banksman course is aimed at personnel wishing to be involved in the loading, slinging and banksman role. It is also beneficial to offshore line management and other personnel with a responsibility for safe crane lifting operations.
The Loading, Slinging and Banksman course provides information on the safe use and correct use of lifting equipment and accessories and best practice to promote a safe environment for persons involved. It also provides training for safe loading and unloading, teaching drivers to be aware of the additional risk of the load, or part of the load and its distribution.
The Loading, Slinger and Banksman course consists of both theory and practical instruction including:
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment (PUWER) 1998
- The Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER) 1998
- Identify common unsafe practices and probable consequences
- Understand lift planning
- Relate to crane lifting related incidents
- Understand relevant legislation applicable to lifting operations
- Understand basic functions of a crane
- Understand crane hand and radio signals
- Understand lifting operation risk assessment
- Understand responsibilities of banksman/slinger
- Understand safe and correct methods of slinging loads, correct use and care of equipment
- Method of loading and unloading
- Position of load vehicle
- Marking of large loads
- How to secure a load
- Safety checks.
Upon successful completion of the Loading, Slinger and Banksman course, you will receive an industry recognised certificate.
- Hard hat
- Steel capped boots
- High visibility vest
- Safety gloves
- Warm/wet weather clothing
No previous experience or qualifications are needed in order to take the Loading, Slinger and Banksman course, however, it is desireable (but not mandatory) that applicants hold a current LGV or other suitable licence.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Can you cater for students with special needs?
Yes, but as with all special requirements that differ from the norm, please make us aware of your requirements and we will do our best to provide the appropriate support.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking spaces available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B & B’s in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school’s areas.
I’m getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.