Personnel who are required to operate a crusher or screener would highly benefit from attending this training course.
The NPORS crushers and screeners course is designed to provide candidates with the skills and knowledge required in order to operate a crusher or screener.
The NPORS crusher and screener course consists of both theory and practical instruction including:
- An introduction to the construction industry
- PUWER (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations)
- LOLER (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations)
- HSWA (Health and Safety at Work Act)
- Introduction to the machines
- Carrying out pre-shift inspections
- Instruments and controls
- Lubrication, coolant and fuel systems
- How to position conveyers and hoppers
- How to observe and control outputs during crushing
- Emergency stop operation
- Observe and control the outputs during crushing
- How to shut down and secure machine
Upon successful completion of the NPORS screener and crusher course, candidates will receive an NPORS Operators card.
- Hard hat
- Steel toe capped boots
- High vis vest
- Safety gloves
Candidates are recommended to take the NPORS Health and Safety test before attending this course.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking spaces available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B & B’s in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school’s areas.
I’m getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.