The NRSWA Unit 2 Signing, Lighting & Guarding Training is designed for all supervisory personnel employed by local authorities, utilities and their contractors for the purpose of signing, lighting and guarding of any road works in the highway.
You will be assessed during the course and will have to complete part B question paper. You must also provide evidence from the workplace where the assessment is carried out on a simulated site.
You will be taught how to:
- Produce a plan of an intended site, preferably from a real road, showing all distances and dimensions in accordance with the Safety at Streetworks and Road Works Code of Practice
- Make formative decisions and recommend remedial action from a given plan
- Observe an operative surveying a work site and record observations and remedial action required from the site plan
- Observe an operative setting up and taking down a site
- Record observations made and explain reasons for agreeing or disagreeing with site operations and working practices
- Explain any remedial action required
The Unit 2 course is for anyone who wants to be able to supervise others setting up signing, lighting and guarding equipment on highways.
It is recommended that you bring the following:-
- Hi-vis jacket
- Steel toe-capped boots
- Safety glasses
- Hard hat
No formal qualifications is necessary for the NRSWA Unit 2 Signing, Lighting & Guarding Training Course.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking spaces available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B & B's in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school's areas.
I'm getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.
NRSWA training courses are mainly practical, but you will have some written work. Successful completion of the NRSWA Course results in you gaining a NRSWA Certificate and Streetworks Card, detailing your units of competence and this is valid for 5 years.