For persons who are expected to arrange loads, attach lifting accessories and move these loads with the aid of a lifting machine.
To provide individuals with the required level of underpinning, theoretical knowledge and to develop their practical skills in order to achieve a level of competence to allow them to conduct lifting operations as part of any Lift Plan.
The course consists of:
- Introduction and registration
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations
- Introduction to BS7121
- Roles and responsibilities of a Slinger/Signaller
- The lifting team
- Audiovisual presentation: Slinging.
- Types of Lifts
- Types of lifting accessories
- Types of Loads
- Load centre of gravity and weight
- Selection and inspection of lifting accessories
- Arranging the Load
- Arranging the landing site for a load
- Attaching accessories to a Load
- The trail lift and subsequent adjustments to a load
- Audiovisual presentation: Chains, Slings and Cranes
- Moving and Guiding a Load and lifting machine
- Communication of lifting accessories and storage
- Landing the load
- Detachment of lifting accessories and storage
- Theoretical knowledge assessment
- Practical lifting period
- Practical assessment exercise
On successful completion of the course, candidates will acheive a CPCS A40 Slinger/Signaller Trained Operator Card.
Candidates are required to bring suitable PPE equipment to this course.
Candidates must hold a valid qualification in slinging and signalling prior to attending this course.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Can you cater for students with special needs?
Yes, but as with all special requirements that differ from the norm, please make us aware of your requirements and we will do our best to provide the appropriate support.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking space available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B&B’s in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school’s areas.
I’m getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.