Personnel with a responsibility to carry out slinging and signalling operations. The course would also be beneficial to personnel such as supervisors/ H&S advisors, with responsibility for planning and supervision of lifting operations and persons with responsibility for issue and control of lifting equipment.
The Slinging and Signalling with Overhead Crane course is designed to ensure these operations are carried out safely, it is vital that operators of lifting appliances and accessories are aware of the safe and correct use of the equipment, within company procedures and safe systems of work and the probable consequences if these practices are not followed.
The Slinging and Signalling with Overhead Crane course consists of:
- Understand relevant legislation applicable to lifting operations
- Define lifting operation and equipment terminology
- Understand the requirement of lifting operation risk assessment
- Understand the use of and be familliar with lifting plans
- Be able to make suitable and sufficient estimate of weight/c of g of loads
- Identify safe, and correct use and pre-use inspection of lifting equipment
- Carry out basic calculations of angles tensions and de-rating factors
- Be familiar with and be able to use basic sling hitches
- Understand care and storage requirements
- Understand basic functions and safe working practices of lifting applicances, overhead travelling cranes and chain blocks
- Understand basic functions and safe working practices of lifting accessories.
- Understand and use correct signalling procedures both hand and verbal
- Identify common unsafe practices and probable consequences
Upon successful completion of the Slinging and Signalling with Overhead Crane course including a theory and practical test, candidates will be awarded with a Certificate of Competence which is valid for 3 years.
Candidates are required to bring suitbable PPE with them on this course:
- Hard hat
- Steel toe capped boots
- High vis vest
- Safety gloves
- Safety glasses
Delegates should possess the appropriate qualificiations for slinging and signalling.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking spaces available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B & B’s in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school’s areas.
I’m getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.