The courses are compiled to suit novice operators, experienced users and candidates requiring refresher training.
Our slinger/signaller training courses are designed for anyone involved in attaching, slinging loads or directing crane operators in lifting operations. The slinger and banksman for crane operation training programs are suitable for a wide range of crane operations:
Hydraulic Lorry Cranes
Hydraulic Sea Cranes
Our Slinger/Signaller training courses cover the following theoretical and practical areas:
- Regulations governing slinging operations (HASWA 1974 , LOLER 1998 and PUWER 1998)
- Safe working
- Methods of slinging
- Safe operating practices
- Loads, Working load limits and safety certificates
- Weight estimation and simple lift planning
- Inspection of lifting equipment
- Pre lift checks including environment, load, angle estimation and pre-use equipment checks
- Correct methods of attaching the slings or attachments to the load hook
- Lifting and lowering procedures including test lift procedures
- Signalling techniques for assisted lifting operations
- Possible faults arising from use and the appropriate withdrawal from service procedures
- Procedures to be followed upon completion of the lifting operation
- Correct care and storage methods of lifting equipment
At the end of the course each candidate receives a Slinger/Signaller ITSSAR certificate of training and ITSSAR Operators Card.
Candidates will be required to bring suitable PPE with them on this course:
- Hard hat
- High-vis jacket
- Steel toe-capped boots
- Safety gloves
No previous experience is necessary.
What is a signaller?
Signallers are operatives who are trained to direct crane drivers during lifting operations.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Can you cater for students with special needs?
Yes, please make us aware of your requirements and we will do our best to provide the appropriate support.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking spaces available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B & B’s in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school’s areas.
I’m getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.