The CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme is designed to provide training to team leaders, line managers and supervisors in construction allowing them to understand their legal duties on site. This is a great way to learn and understand the basic health and safety responsibilities within the construction trade. CITB (Construction Industry Training Board) is the Industry Training Board for the UK Construction Industry.
The SSSTS training course consists of theory instruction including:
- An introduction to health and safety, environmental and welfare issues supervisors may face
- Understanding the legal responsibilities relevant to health and safety on site
- Giving an understanding of the occupational health problems within the construction industry and what is expected of a site supervisor
- How to carry out risk assessments and understanding the need for method statements
- How to carry out inductions and toolbox talks
- Understanding of how health and safety law is structured
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and regulations relevant to the construction industry
- CDM Regulations
- Working at height
- Risk assessment and method statements
- Manual Handling
- Accidents and first aid
- Hazardous substances
- Fire prevention and control
- Health and safety management systems development
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Occupational Health
Project managers, team leaders and supervisors will benefit from the SSSTS course.
No PPE is required for the SSSTS training course.
No formal qualifications or experience is necessary before taking the SSSTS training course.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Who is the SSSTS training course for?
This course is designed for managers and supervisors or any personnel progressing to a line manager or supervisor in the near future.
Will I gain a recognised certificate?
Yes, you will receive an industry recognised CITB certificate.
Why should I send staff on SSSTS training?
This course allows staff to hold a recognised qualification in health and safety. Supervisors will contribute substantially to the health and safety on site.
Is there a course I can progress to after completing the SSSTS?
Yes, the SMSTS training course is available which is designed for site supervisors progressing to site managers.
At the end of the SSSTS training course, you will take a short theory test which consists of multiple choice questions. Upon successful completion of the SSSTS course, you will receive an industry recognised CITB certificate which is valid for five years. Established in 1974, the Construction Industry Training Board is the Training Board for the construction trade in the UK.