This course is ideally suited to anyone who wishes to become trained in operating and maintaining a Tow Tractor.
To provide the practical skills and the operating safety knowledge necessary to train operators to correctly prepare, safely operate and correctly maintain a Tow Tractor.
The course objectives are as follows:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the rated capacity of a Tow Tractor.
- Carry out a pre-use inspection.
- Able to operate safely under varying site conditions.
- Travel (forward and reverse) with laden and un-laden trailers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of operator’s responsibilities & relevant legislation.
- Operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers instructions
- Course Content
- Introduction to machine controls and instruments
- Weight assessment & tow capacity
- Tow Truck Stability
- Components and main types of tow tractor
- Limitations of use
- Emergency controls
- Hitching & un-hitching trailers
- Handling laden & un-laden trailers
- Re-fuelling procedures
- Pre-start inspection & maintenance
- Driving in confined areas
On successful completion of this course, candidates will be awarded with a Certificate of Completion.
This training course is conducted on client premises to allow operators to use a specific Tow Tractor.
No previous experience is necessary.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking spaces available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B & B’s in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school’s areas.
I’m getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.