Personnel who are required to operate a Crawler Tractor/Dozer in their place of work.
The CPCS Crawler Tractor/Dozer course is designed to enable the delegate to safely and competently carry out the role. It will also allow the delegate to attain the CPCS Red Card.
The CPCS Crawler Tractor/Dozer course content is as follows:-
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use plant checks
- Configure and set for site travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces
- Manoeuvre the plant equipment in confined spaces
- Configure and set for excavating duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Construct ramps and form and shape stockpiles
- Grade, spread and level ground materials
- Carry out plant equipment shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
Upon successful completion of the CPCS theory and practical tests candidates are entitled to a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card.
- Hard hat
- Steel toe capped boots
- High vis vest
- Safety gloves
There is no formal experience necessary for this course, however, it is ideal for delegates who have little or no experience, or who want to obtain a formal qualification to go with their experience.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking spaces available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B & B’s in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school’s areas.
I’m getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.