The Tractor Training course is suitable for all tractor drivers including novice and experienced drivers in agriculture, amenity, forestry, industrial and horticulture industries. The course will allow you to develop and expand where necessary on the skills and knowledge required in order to operate the tractor safely and competently.
The Lantra Tractor Training course will allow you to develop and expand where necessary on the skills and knowledge required in order to operator the tractor safely and competently.
The Tractor Training course content is as follows:-
- To be able to carry out a risk assessment of the tasks in hand
- Enter and leave the cab safely
- Understand the purpose and meaning of the instrumentation
- Understand the function of all controls
- Understand the hazards associated with some controls
- Start and stop the engine in a safe manner
- Be competent in driving a tractor in a forward and reverse direction
- Leave the tractor in a safe state
- Understand reasons for daily checks
- Competently perform basic lubrication of the tractor and ensure the tractor is in a safe road going state
- Attach a mounted implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction with a mounted implement
- Attach a trailed implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction with a trailed implement
- Leave unattached implements in a safe state
- Correctly attach a PTO shaft between tractor and implement
- Attach the PTO shaft guards correctly
- Assess the minimum turning circle of the machine and the angle of the PTO shaft
- Carry out basic operations using tractor mounted loader
On successful completion of the Tractor Training course, delegates will be awarded a Lantra Awards Certificate.
- Suitable outdoor clothing
- Wellington boots
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Do I need to pay for my training before I do it?
Yes you do, you can pay online when you book your course, or call 0845 872 3411 and pay with a credit card over the phone. Customers with credit terms, please call Training Plus to book your course on 0845 872 3411.
Can you cater for students with special needs?
Yes, but as with all special requirements that differ from the norm, please make us aware of your requirements and we will do our best to provide the appropriate support.
Are there any car parking spaces available?
Yes, there are a lot of FREE car parking spaces available in the area.
What accommodation is available?
There are a variety of hotels and B & B’s in the area. There is a list available to assist you with booking your stay.
Am I going to feel safe during my course participation?
Beside the fact that our staff and the environment of the school will make you feel happy and safe, CCTV is operating in most of the school’s areas.
I’m getting on a bit, is it like going back to school and will I feel out of place?
Not at all. A large percentage of our learners are mature students simply keeping up to date with current standards. Everybody is made to feel welcome in the centre.